Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by saddlesore
There are indeed people who think they need to hunt elk every year. I am one of them. I moved to Colorado in 74 so I could. As I aged, I changed tactics, gear, etc. Now as I will be 80 this year, I am very limited, but I will still do my darnedest to go. I might only be able to get 50-75 yards from my mule, but I will watch the sunrise and the forest come live, and put it to bed at night. If an elk comes by I will take it home with me.If not, I will still enjoy the hunt.Those that are city dwellers don't have a clue about that..

People think every thing comes from the city, but everything we use or eat comes from rural areas It is grown in the dirt, mined from the dirt, or drilled into the dirt. If it were not for farming, ranching, mining, drilling, city people would not survive.

And that is good that you still get out there and and getting an elk is fine too. And many " city dwellers" dont have a clue, and mining , farming , ranching is where you live , and not in the city. I see trains every day going west. They have cars, trucks , diesel fuel and likely crude oil, and who knows what else. it comes from the ports of Chitcago, Milwaukee, Duluth, MN. and New York.. It comes back with wheat from Montana and no doubt the Dakotas. Sure, many city people get pissed when they stop for a train and never realize how important they are. I see lumber, likely from out west and Canada, milled in the west. However, without " city people" there would be no mills, or lumber jobs.. SO, for the ignorant and small minded people here that post bla bla bla, I will make you a deal, I will never hunt a western state. In exchange you can only buy what is made in 100 miles of your home, with materials gotten locally. You will find out real quick that being selfish with elk tags and saying we should pay $2, 000 or $4,000 for an elk tag is quite shallow. And SaddleStore is right, City people would not survive, however , no one in the country would neither. Again, I could live there, but I am content here.

All those trains pass through Wyoming, all those trucks on I-80 hauling your stuff. What happens if those quit being allowed through ? Yes they can go around but I don't think they will like that, your stuff will be a lot more expensive too.

Face the facts, states have the right to charge whatever they want for hunting licenses. Pick a state and apply. you have lots of options, try one of the Eastern states for elk, Oh yeah only 1 offers NR licenses. How is that fair?

And how is it every NR thinks their tax money funds our state or the federal land in it? Your tax dollars might just be funding a refuge on the East coast just as easy as public land out West.