Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
I'm all for it. Charge them $1000. Every year it seems the crowd in camp is more and more from out of state. I'd say it's about 50/50 the last few years. I pay $1000 for a truck license plate in CO - a year. Our taxes in CO, especially for small business, are extremely high. If want a cheap elk tag, by all means, move here, and buy a 3 bed/3 bath house for $1.2 million in the burbs that needs a remodel, pay the $1000 license plate fee on your truck, then pay all the other taxes. At that point, you've earned the "cheap" resident elk tag. Until then, look at your cost of living in midwest and be grateful all your other life expenses are reasonable.

Its not primarily the NR's, it's the 3 million Lifestyle Immigrants that have moved to Colorado in the last 20 years to live the "lifestyle"--for many that includes hunting. The biggest increase in hunting applications have come from residents.

Colorado has also updated the R/NR allocations for all deer/elk/pronghorn hunt codes that require 6 PP's or more to draw to a 80/20 split. It added ~1200 hunt codes to the 80/20 allocation.

It also added the hybrid draw to a bunch of hunt codes requiring 10 or more PP's. That gives an applicant a chance to draw even if they don't have the required number of PP's, but the applicant must have at least 6 PP's for that species to be eligible.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.