The answer to the problem is all over these posts. The problem is " I'm going no matter what it costs". The answer , dont go as often. Go every other year for out of state. As for me, I went out of state one time in my life. I went to Minnesota bear hunting in 2003. Never applied anywhere neither. Another problem may be is there are anti hunters inside the Department of Natural Resourses and fish and Game departments. They may be jacking the prices way up to milk money out of the ones that can afford it, and leaving the less wealthy at home. I can afford it,, no problem. However, I refuse to pay those prices and compete with people that will pay any price . I hunt bear and deer in Wisconsin. A few times a year I fish Upper Michigan and I am happy enough. Contentment with the Lord is great gain, and my treasure is not on this earth. Too many people in America try to buy their treasures ,, boats, big homes, ETC. It might be a relief for many here to say , screw it, I'm not going this year and stay close to home to hunt. You might find it very relaxing and enjoyable. I hunt deer a lot, but as the years go on, I seem to be more interested in just squirrel and grouse hunting. Son wants to duck hunt and we are going to do that... There are many that live out west that are saying " good, dont want you here anyway." Okay, I can move next do to you if I want to though. I'm happy where I am.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23