Originally Posted by sns2
Rick, I had a chance to present my 19 year old son with the Bose Drop Point you made up for him and that crazy nice sheath. Told him that I do not have a single tangible object other than photos of my father, and I wanted him to have something from me that he’d never sell, but would pass down to one of his kids. I explained who you and Larry Parsons are in the world of working man’s knives and sheaths. I then explained to him how a burl on the outside of a tree looks like a deformity, and not really anything to look at, but put in the hands of a skilled craftsman, it can become something beautiful, just like if we trust in the good Lord, even if we screw up on the outside, he can fashion our worst mistakes into something real good. The kid was always a fantastic athlete, and I spent tons of time coaching and volunteering on his teams. Don’t know that I ever missed a game. All his football, basketball, and volleyball teams he played on seemed to have black and red as their colors, so I told him how much I enjoyed watching him play sports, but more so seeing the character and effort he always displayed on the field and court, and how proud he’s always made me, so remember that every time he looks at those black scales and red liners. He was choked up. A moment we will always remember. Thanks again.
thank you sir for the kind words