ME,

My all time favorite is the 41 Rem. Mag. But 44 Special, 10mm Mag, 45 ACP and 40 S&W work pretty good also.

[Linked Image]

From time to time I end up tracking hoglets I've shot that are not DRT. Usually it's at night after dark with a flashlight in one hand, a pistol in another either hunkered down or on my hands and knees following a blood trail through juniper, over rocks and through cat claw and cactus. I've come to like having a bunch of "freinds" accompany me.

[Linked Image]

I know he don't look very big, but that is 190 lbs of FUGLY. Even though I'm 5'8" and 195, I think he could take me unless I had an advantage.

[Linked Image]

I�ve kinda graduated to the 10MM

For years my EDC in town and at the lease was a Glock 36. I figured 7 rounds of 230 gr. hardball ought to work just fine.

However after putting 7 in the porker pictured below over a space of 5 paces or so, and having this hoglet drop at my feet while I was pulling on an empty chamber, I decided that 15 rounds or there abouts, was not out of the question.

[Linked Image]

The boy in the picture had shot this dude at 120 yds with a 243 Win., and he ran. I saw where he ran into the brush and was showing the young man how to track. Don�t know what I was thinking taking him in the bush with me, but we get about 50 yds in and the hog charges us. I push the kid out of the way and the hog runs between my legs and knock me over. Luckily he didn�t hook me or come back after me. I got up and I went on in after him. When I found him again he charged again. This time I was ready with my pistol in my hand. That was the moment when I decided I wanted about a dozen more "friends".

So for the next 5 years or so I carried the model 35 long slide.

I got a deal I couldn�t pass up a while back on the model 20SF and now it is my EDC/hog thumper when I�m at my lease.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.