Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Very interesting and thanks for the answers Rick and Vince. It appeared to my untrained eye that the slipjoint design would be tougher to get right....especially considering the unknown individual use/preference factors mentioned.

I own 1 custom folding knife and carry it daily. I don't care much for the "tactical" look of so many folding knifes...the style/pattern of a slipjoint like the one pictured really appeals to me.......but I do like the ability to open one with 1 hand while I'm working on something or the other hand is in the middle of holding something.... I have no real need (or argument against) a lock but the general "tactical" look turns me away from them and towards slipjoints.

Considering the walk/talk of a well designed slipjoint, I guess they can not be made to open with one hand? confused

Thanks again,

Jay

Spyderco UK Pen knife is a one hand opener slipjoint,I do believe. My guess is Benchmade has one too.
One custom maker I know of that makes one is Michael Vagnino,he calls it a zip slip.