I have the pleasure from time to time conversing with a fellow from Oklahoma who happens to make knives when he ain't killin' coyotes and other vermin. Ricky Bob Menefee is his handle.
We were talkin' the other nite. He may have had a beverage or two and he didn't like the way one of his knives was shaping up. He said it was FUBAR. I said what the hey, do what you can to save it and send it my way. I've a number of his blades and not one is a slacker.

Well, I got it in yesterday. I'm calling it the FUBAB, (Friggin Unbelievably Bad Azz Blade).

I am making jerky to take with me to the lease this weekend. Got a couple Oregon guys coming up and wanted to show them some Texas hospitality.

I don't usually like big knives, but this one is amazing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Excalibur was called "the singing sword". It was made from a skystone that fell to earth. It took a lifetime to get right. The metal was so pure and the shape so fine that when tapped on an anvil it sung. I swear I could hear this magical blade humming a tune when gliding almost effortlessly through a tenderloin.

Best,

GWB

PS: The smaller buckeye burl knife in the background of the first pix is one of Rocky Menefee's creations. I figure it's a family tradition. Taking several of Rocky's with me this weekend to give them a try.

Last edited by geedubya; 09/11/14.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.