Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by sns2
There are very good reasons why people NEED custom knives. Gotta eat a good piece of meat in style!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
What is that anyway a gerbil steak ? And what's that shyt around it ? Don't think I'd need a knife for that bitty piece of meat. Barely enough there for a bite.

sns2,

I thought I might take a moment to interject a couple comments.

IIRC, I have been posting in the Knives and blades forum for about 10 years, maybe more, as my memory is not what it once was.

One of the unique things about this forum has been the comity among the folks that post here.

Rarely does one encounter snide or disparaging remarks in regards to the edged implements displayed in different threads, especially of a personal nature.

In consideration of our PM's I believe you are somewhat new to collecting knives by custom makers, and I compliment you on your choices, excitement and enthusiasm.

I've recently become aware of the fellow who calls himself Blackheart. It would seem that is a fitting sobriquet.

I do not believe I have read one of his posts that does not denigrate nor disparage. He, posting something positive or edifying, fugggedabboudit!

During the last decade I've owned quite a few Menefee's. That one looks like etched A2 steel, red liners and Jigged G10 scales. That combo in a Lil' Dumplin is somewhat rare and to be treasured. I had one once but gave it away for a good cause.

I would be interested to know how you came by that one. PM me if you like.

BTW, although being a hack photographer, I do take considerable time, effort and care in composing my knife photos. Let me compliment you on your composition.

Would enjoy details about the different elements of the meal, and the Menefee.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/30/23.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.