The way a slipjoint is built,in the end it is "peened" together (yep bang the pins with a hammer). It could be disassembled for adjustment,but most makers just would build another knife,rather wrecking it,disassembling it,for an adjustment.

The spring has to be a certain Rc ,otherwise there will be friction issues in the pivot,where the blade tang & spring meet.

The springy part of the spring is mainly determined by the spring section from the middle pin to the tang,how thick it is.
Thin,less spring,thicker,more spring.

So the action,"walk n talk" ,as they say,has a few factors.

I know many knifemakers who will not trouble themselves building slipjoiints.
Then I know one who makes them up at reasonable prices,yes,not on the level of fit & finish as Rick's folders,but sometimes they present a challenge to sell them,because they have one or two issues,imperfections one could call them.
I'd say a slipjoint is way harder to build than a liner lock,if I were asked.

The CF knife I just recieved,the spring tension is a little ,little bit less than I'd prefer,but the action is spot on. I know what it took to make it,so I will not even hesitate to say,"it's a keeper"

As the saying goes,"be careful for what you wish for" , kindof applies here.... Harder snapping slipjoints,well,they run the risk of spring failure,or "gauling" (that is where the blade tang could scratch the spring,causing a less than smooth pivot action)
In reality,the way that Rick has this folder laid out,for EDC,opening & closing frequently,he has it perfect.

Rick has listened to me talk about carrying custom slipjoints on a daily basis,and I think he is so smart about building these,that he made it this way on purpose because he knows how I carry & use a slipjoint. It would not surprise me if it were so. Yes I know when he reads this he'll laugh,but point being,no BS Rick Menefee is a genius knifemaker , right now,making many types & styles of fixed & folding knives & I am proud to call a friend.He has opened my eyes to aspects of custom knives I never would have known.