A while back on another forum, I posted some pix of a few different rifles. Well one thing led to another and I started a PM thread with a fellow. As conversations sometimes due the direction turned to knives. Turns out the fellow I was speaking with was a knifemaker. In the course of our conversations I explained in my limited fashion, what I liked and didn�t like in a �skinning� knife. Well, after some back and forth, this is the result of our conversations.

Ya know how ya go to a barber shop and you tell the barber how you want your hair cut. Many times it don�t matter cause the barber already knows how he�s gonna cut your hair before you get the apron around your neck. Well that was not the case with this knife. Pretty much exactly as we discussed.
154 CM steel rather than D-2.Black micarta scales, tapered with recess for index finger, red liners, thin grind, tapered tang, 4-3/16� handle, 3-5/8� blade. Neither too long or too short. Left hand sheath. Nothing fancy, just to my mind a great interpretation of a �working� skinner.

And as the maker stated � sharp enough to cut the devil out of ya��

[Linked Image]

I told him, no doubt, but it won�t get no cherry!
Best,
GWB

PS: I got the chance to try it out last week on a bar-b-q sized hoglet.

[Linked Image]

I do believe it is sharper than my Havilon.

[Linked Image]

In fact it's prolly the best skinner I've ever used, and I've used a bunch of knives over the last 40 year plus.

Thanks Rick

Happy Holidays!

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.