Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Boomers can't help themselves, they are giddy for WWIII and destruction of the planet. A pathetic generation they are..

If anybody really wanted WWIII and MAD, we would have had it long ago.

A boomer's boomer once advised that to see peace, one must prepare for war.

If that scares you, then you need to grow up.

You don't know what you don't yet know. Boomers do know what you don't yet know.

But hey, why learn from somebody else.
Yes, the old war will give us peace bullchit. So when does this peace come? As long as the US is a thing, the world will never have peace. We create death and destruction all over the world. Been doin it long before i wqs born

We've had peace with Japan and Western Germany since 1945.

Your policies got us into the war. A brutal application of overwhelming force that didn't stop until we achieved unconditional surrender is a good part of the reason the peace has held.
What policy is mine? Not starting endless wars and stop causing chaos around the world? I like that one. You should too.

Are you not an isolationist?
I understand there are times that we would need to be involved in things around the world, so no, im not an isolationist in the long game. For the current time, we need to be more on the isolationist side of things. Our country is broken. Almost completely lost. We have so many issues here that deserves our full attention and if we dont give it, we are done. I am 100% against war with russia in any way. I dont give a chit about israel or palestine. They can sort their own chit out. China is going to be a huge problem at some point, but refer to my original point that if we dont fix our current issues here , it wont matter because we wont have a country.

We are past peak woke. America is already fixing itself.

China has more problems then you can imagine. They screwed themselves with "one child" and their property market bubble. Best case they're looking at 3 decades of stagnation, and the most likely scenario's are not that pretty.

I'm also against war and violence in general, but in detail understand it's not a matter of if, but where and how. What I'm most against is war inside, on or near America's borders. The most destructive war is the one fought inside your own borders, so we keep the wars as far from our borders as possible and outsource the bleeding when we can. Part of keeping the violence far from our shores is having allies and bases so we have global reach for our weapons and intelligence, and logistics. Let me remind you, only our carriers and submarines are nuclear powered, and even their crews have to eat.

Yes, we have our problems, but in the grand scheme, they're not as bad as you think, and it's good to hear you're not a true isolationist.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell