Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Just Kidding! It is a commonly known fact that the victims entered the showers naked.
The showers were for showering, so naked would be the right way to enter them. Delousing of clothing was done in completely different facilities (with high tech, sealed, doors marked with skulls and crossbones and danger warnings). There were no fake shower rooms. They all had functioning shower heads, with running hot and cold water, absent any mechanism for introducing any sort of gas. Many inmates included in their memoirs how they appreciated the opportunity to shower on a daily basis in them, and how they'd get up early in order to avoid the crowds that gathered there for showers.
I am so glad I ran across this discussion. I had no idea how kindly the Nazis treated their Jewish citizens. All these years I had been told the Jews and other undesirables were loaded up and taken off to camps designed to murder them and efficiently dispose of the bodies.

Now I find out the Germans were just moving them out of harms way and taking them to nice places where they could shower and then have nice well fumigated barracks free from lice and vermin.

If the Americans, British, and Russians would not have cut off the food supply we would have never seen the awful photographs of starving typhus infected guests at the German civilian protection camps.

Those of us that had the temerity to think the Jewish citizens of Third Reich controlled territory were murdered owe a heartfelt apology to the Germans and our resident anti-Semites for the slander we put on them.

My father went on 2 missions into the Dachau camps. He rarely spoke about it, but did infrequently tell me short stories about what he saw.

Don't ever believe these wacko nutbag history revisionists here. The Holocaust was real.
You do realize I was being sarcastic to the max I hope. Holocaust deniers know better. They approve of Hitler's solution is the only thing I can figure.

Yes, I know. A little humor or baiting is all it takes to smoke out these Holocaust deniers. And they will go on for days with their "proof"

Well, that and the moon landing.....