Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Extremely odd in their absence are any mentions of this issue by the authors of the three most significant and comprehensive books about the history of WWII, Churchill (The Second World War), De Gaulle (Memories De Geurre), and Eisenhower (Crusade in Europe).

These three books were published between 1948 and 1959.

Not one mention.

That's all you've got? The term "Holocaust" into vogue until much after these memoirs were published, but Churchill did most definitively address the issue: From Freeman, head of the Churchill Institute:

A July 1944 letter Churchill wrote about "German plans for the massacre of the Hungarian Jews."

"There is no doubt in my mind that we are in the presence of one of the greatest and most horrible crimes ever committed," Churchill said in the letter. "It has been done by scientific machinery by nominally civilized men in the name of a great state and one of the leading races of Europe. I need not assure you that the situation has received and will receive the most earnest consideration from my colleagues and myself but, as the Foreign Secretary said, the principal hope of terminating it must remain the speedy victory of the Allied Nations."

Let me know when you need another lesson...

More, Eisenhower, Crusade in Europe:

Dwight D. Eisenhower on the Camps
This is what Eisenhower said on pages 408-9 of “Crusade in Europe”

“The same day [April 12, 1945] I saw my first horror camp. It was near the town of Gotha. I have never felt able to describe my emotional reactions when I first came face to face with indisputable evidence of Nazi brutality and ruthless disregard of every shred of decency. Up to that time I had known about it only generally or through secondary sources. I am certain, however that I have never at any other time experienced an equal sense of shock.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”