Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Hastings
OK, I guess we can agree that Hitler was no worse than Tamerlane or maybe Genghis Khan so he was an OK guy.

I suspect when everyone who was alive then is dead, and one group of people no longer wants to milk the victimhood teat above all other groups, Hitler will be looked at with the same detachment by history all those other guys.

Whatever happened back then, I didn’t do it, I refuse to feel guilty about, nor do I feel the need to try and compare every modern situation to it and look for lessons in it. About eight to ten times more non Jews died in that war than Jews did. So why do we insist on making it all about them? Answer that.
Well now, it might be that Jews were a special target, not just collateral damage. It might be that Jews are not much over 1% of the population of the world but get singled out most likely due to envy over their high level of achievement and intelligence.

It most of all might have to do with the percentage of their population killed in the war without regard to sex, age, or any other condition. All that was required was to be a Jew.

Sure, a lot of people died in a most savage decade but percentage wise the Jews took the worst of it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer