Originally Posted by gunner500
Killing is killing, always has been and never a part of the equation, look at it this way, by providing your family and yourself with fresh wild game meats you are providing the best there is, most grocery store meats are steroided, horemoned, iradiated cuts of trash injected with solution [salts] and preservatives, no comparison to wild game meats.

Gunner

EXACTLY! As usual, I didn't draw for elk and antelope in my home state but no big deal. In the last four years I've done a cow elk hunt on a very large private ranch. It's not a sport hunt but a cull hunt so is easy on my somewhat antique body. (75 YO) I share a guide with two friends and we have an enjoyable time of it. Me with my bad knee, another that's has open heart surgery and the third fellow was doing his first elk hunt and we've all booked again. The killing isn't really the thing but the comments Gunner made are what's important. I don't know what or how the irraddiation of store bought meat affects the human systen or if it even does at all. However, I believe that the hormones fed to livestock in order to make them gain weight is a major factor in the obesity epedemic in this country. I also believe that the antibiotics given livestock may be a causatived factor in the antibiotic resistant bacteria that is causing so much trouble today. I've dicussed this with several doctors and they happen to afree with me but as long as corporate greed rules this country, nothing will ever be done. OK, I'll get off my soapbox.
As far as the subject of this thread, I still get a touch of buck fever. It's all good until the shot and my game is on the ground. Then, I feel sadness and sometimes shed a tear. Dunno how many hunts I have left but I can always deliberately miss if I decide to call it quits.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE