My views on killing have not changed much. I never went in for a lot of it. What I killed, where,and how were always a lot more important than tallying carcasses,and I have walked away from lots of opportunities for various reasons.

I have taken part in selective hunting and burned a lot of tags in the process.Most of that was trip-specific,and sticking to standards, win or lose.

In those instances I really missed the meat, which has always been important. But I generally got what I needed elsewhere,and never felt cheated that I came back without an animal.

Observing wildlife without the imperative to kill is a nice activity, but lacks the same levels of intensity, awareness,and attention to detail; it does not drive you to more out of the way places,rougher country, more remote,than the casual observer.Consequently, you do not ever learn as much about the animals,nor see the country exactly the same way.

Interacting with wildlife on a predator/prey relationship involves more intense involvement....it isn't necessary to kill to bring it all to fruition....you always have the option of taking a pass when the time comes. But the opportunity to kill has to be present, if it's "hunting". If it isn't, the activity is something else.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.