Originally Posted by John_G
It took me a long while to get over the pain of reliving that experience, I can tell you. In retrospect, it was probably a good thing, because it taught me to deeply respect other living creatures and to be cautious and discerning about taking a life - a lesson that most 18-year olds take longer to learn.

Yes. As we have gotten further and further away from our connection to the land and nature, this lesson of humility, place, and power has been lost.

Hence, I feel, greater levels of violence we see. I think its true what they say, in many different ways: guns make for polite society.

The "killing" is also beneficial for a young mans development. Im not saying one absolutely has to, just that after you spill alittle blood, it speeds and affirms the maturation process some.. As an ancient gender role confirmed perhaps. Like your first sexual encounter. You'll never be quite the same.

Its missing for most young boys today. They too politely turn away, or turn up their nose or see it as barbaric, when there is comfort, strength, and a deep lesson to be gained knowing you can conquer what makes you a bit fearful or sick. Pushing through to greater personal growth, and emotional strength.

Or, not.

Last edited by WillARights; 04/20/14.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016