[quote=RoninPhx]when i was about 8, i brought home a songbird i had shot with a bb gun. That lead to a azzwhupping by my father for killing something for no purpose, and a one year restriction on the bb gun. I have never been a sport hunter, just what they would call a meat hunter. And even that has gotten harder to do as i have gotten old. I will go again for elk this fall, mainly cause i like elk to eat, but it is not done easily or without respect for the elk. I have always said a little prayer over them, thanking the Gods or God for sending them my way, and they would be used properly. I understand it is part of the process, and ultimately a lot better than how that fast food hamburger is obtained.
Having said that, I am always reminded in these types of conversations of a Edward Albey quote, which i will somewhat paraphrase. He said a young man with out blood lust, probably isn't much of a man, but an older man that still has the blood lust isn't much of a man. I tend to agree with this. It's enough to go out and chase them anymore, I don't have to prove myself by killing anything.[/quote

I would have thought you were learning how to hunt and shoot and be a provider. As such, he should have been proud of you for accomplishing the feat on your own. A good bird dog starts with lizards and butterflies.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.