I have never understood the expression "Sport Hunting" What the heck is that.

I don't kill any animal that I am not going to eat, except maybe a coyote that thinks my chickens or family pets are his to eat.

I have killed a fair number of prarie dogs, but that being because the farmer wanting them out of his pasture. I never could see the glee in making them red mists as others jump around about. If it was legal I would have poisoned them.

I enjoy getting out and being in the wilderness which is where I usually hunt. I enjoy camping and all that goes with it, although I like the cold less and less. I have killed enough elk in my life that I don't need to kill another one, but once I amount hunting, I do my best to fill my tag. For me,I either spend $800 or so on hunting or about the same if I have to buy a half of beef. I like the elk meat better.

The thing that has changed with me is that when young if I didn't fill my tag, I felt I had failed and was miserable for a month after the season. Now it doesn't bother me.

I have killed farm animals most of my life to eat and killing a elk or deer is about the same to me.

One thing for sure, I sure as heck don't "harvest' them

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles