Excellent discussion that I really don't have a definitive answer for although I must admit to admiring Travis' eloquence. I love to hunt, always have and probably or at least I hope so, always will. I am perfectly fine with those that eschew hunting personally, just as long as their views and actions don't interfere with mine. If one is a PURE vegetarian and I mean pure, then I can see the their point to, but if you enjoy a good steak and wear leather shoes and belts, I sure hope you realize how those articles came to be.

Sure I enjoy eating the game I shoot, but frankly, I give most of it away. I am an unapologetic trophy hunter. I just enjoy the thrill the hunt gives me. And yes I pay to hunt for the most part, although this past season, save for the GREAT bird hunt I went with Hatari and Pugs, all my hunts have been DIY.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”