Originally Posted by Josh Sorensen
I don’t like head shots on game at ANY range. It is always a lousy percentage shot and results in wounding as often as not.

This is a long range hunting forum and to me when hunting its my responsibility to make a clean kill. That means taking the highest percetage shot no matter what range the animal is at. I would have been much more impressed with that shot had it been a boiler room shot. I tend to doubt people who make gimic shots at long range. “yeah, I meant to do that, really!” sure you did!

Evidently my percentage is a lot higher than what you assume. I"ve NEVER lost a head shot. Of course I doubt I've done more than maybe 150 of them. I did make one once that changed HOW I make head shots. Since then I"ve never had to follow one either, only that one. And it wasn't any different than a bad any shot. Follow it up, shoot it a second time and it was done. Nothing to it.

So for me, within my parameters the head is a viable HIGH percentage target that I've never had a failure on.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....