Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I'm not the one who's confused.76-5-112 isn't dispositive.

You got the wrong statute.

Point being it's a little late to worry about the legislature of Utah and other states passing laws that can't be enforced....this stuff is already codified in Utah and other states.

Bob, I have a news flash for you, nothing you've posted is dispositive. I posted the only thing that came up when I searched the Utah code for reckless endangerment.

Maybe you'd like to post the portion of the Utah code you've been referring to that says taking a risky shot at a big game animal during the open season with a valid tag in your pocket is either reckless or endangerment.

More likely, you'll just continue with your opinions, which are not consistent from one post to the next.

(sigh)....I have been very consistent.

By your analysis and conclusion the purchase of a license is tacit approval for a hunter to behave in a reckless manner.

Do your own research. I never tell the "other side" what I am thinking...unless i want to. smile

And I'm not here to joust with a layperson firmly convinced that he can predict the legal outcome of a set of facts as they relate to a statutory scheme and the particular language of same.

Not even lawyers of long experience can do that. But laypersons look for absolute answers in the law all the time,when, in fact, they rarely exist. Formal education and decades in practice teaches that.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.