I don't do head shots. Have seen a bunch taken during culls, have seen hunters take them while hunting and have seen some messed up (hunters that is). A 900 yard headshot is simply out of the question in any normal scenario while hunting for me.

With that....

You "please let there be a law for everything" and "let there be a law against anything I don't like" people are going to get exactly what you want. But it won't be rational, critically thinking people that make the laws. It will be the average, ignorant, emotionally driven people with agendas that make them. We already are a nation ruled by laws yet as a nation have no virtue. I guarantee you that every single person who has stated that he should be charged with some crime due to his shot selection, has a hunting habit that he views as ethical, that hundreds or thousands of people view as reckless, irresponsible or wrong. All of them will believe that it should be illegal. If what you don't like should be illegal, than what they don't like should be illegal. With that, nothing will be "legal". Bad choices are bad choices and should be condemned within the community. Bad ethical choices is not, and should not be up to the government at any level. People always think that they are so different to those that came before them and refuse to acknowledge that humans are humans and their nature remains the same. It is in vogue now to speak about all manner of how the government is out of control and oversteps their bounds, yet fail to see that they themselves caused it by screaming for the "someone" to do something.

Unfortunately because of ego, ignorance and outright shortsightedness The vast majority cannot or will not see it.