Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Rogue
I know in Oregon, the gamies could stick him with "Game Harassment" and I believe there is a statute for intentionally wounding game. Pretty even in my county a jury would fry him for that shot.

So shooting an animal in hunting season is "game harassment"? How do you prove intentionally wounding?

How can anyone that considers themselves a sportsman not condemn this guys actions? He should have license revocations at least for trying to be a hero and attempting a questionable, at best, shot. Trying this very low probability shot on a live animal and not recovering the animal seems like a clear case of "game harassment" or "willful waste" or whatever other moniker one could use. I see this no different than a trophy poacher dropping a deer, snagging the antlers and leaving the meat to rot.

The guy is a dick head and a dumb azz, neither of which is illegal. If it is illegal to be a dumb azz then where does the line stop?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first