After looking at coldboremiricle's youtube channel, it's plain to see they guy is a shooter. It appears he shoots some precision matches. It's also pretty easy to deduce that he knows how to run a rifle.

Assuming this and knowing what is possible with having some ability, I also deduce that he was trying to shoot the cow in the head.

At our precision match when we have ties, we sometimes have a shoot-off by shooting at the head of a steel IPSC target at 800 yards. The head part of the steel measures 5". It's a "miss and out" sudden death type shoot-off. Last time I hit the head and so did the guy who tied me. I hit it again and he missed, so I won.

Just relating that so that everyone realizes it's not some kind of fantasy or out of the realm of possibility.

Now let's get real.

I have never thought of taking that kind of shot on a big game animal. Anyone who would consciously do so is void of respect for the animal and has some serious ethical issues.

You've got to have enough sense not to assign the same value to a big game animal as a piece of steel or a prairie dog.

A 900 yard shot to the shoulder as an aimpoint wouldn't raise an eyebrow

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.