Originally Posted by BCJR
The long range forum on here reminds me of lord of the flies , why it even exists on the site is beyond me. None of the cool kids like it , even though they constantly post here. Posting about anything here is like wiping your ass before you crap.

I disagree, I've been interested in Long Range Hunting and have read the Forum For Years. Most of what I've learned I consider to be invaluable information.

I've learned from reading the importance of developing skill and things that help considerably to maximize effectiveness such as staying within ones developed skill level.

If I accidentally head shoot an elk at 900 yds from what I have learned because I am a pay attentioner....is I have gone beyond my skill level.

If I am actually aiming for the head I haven't yet learned to maximize effectiveness and would consider myself to be piss poorly instructed. Because I pay attention to intelligent individuals I actually picked up on that little tidbit.

The longest shot I've ever tried is 530 yds and it required one squeeze of the trigger for a successful one shot kill. The shot was easy and I was 100% confident in the rifle, the load, and the conditions or I never would have taken the shot. Previous practice told me I successfully made the shot at the range all year long with zero misses. If I had missed 5 out of 50 shots fired at 500 yds during practice I would have not taken the shot.

I learned these principles from reading the long range forum and it is greatly appreciated and valuable.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok