Originally Posted by BobinNH
smoke pole you seem really resistant to the idea that such an act may have been illegal. Why does that make you nervous? confused smile

It doesn't make me nervous at all Bob, but I can see how you'd be confused.

What makes me nervous is do-gooders trying to legislate what can't be legislated.

If you think "reckless" doesn''t count and doesn't pertain to conduct toward animals,you need to read the relevant Utah statutes. wink

Bob, it's common sense. If you're legally shooting at a game animal with intent to kill it, what more can you do to endanger that animal?

But since you asked, I looked up the Utah Big Game regulations brochure and the Utah criminal code on discharge of firearms. Nothing in there about reckless endangerment by discharging a firearm at game animals. I did find this though:

76-5-112. Reckless endangerment -- Penalty.
(1) A person commits reckless endangerment if, under circumstances not amounting to a felony offense, the person recklessly engages in conduct that creates a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury to another person.
(2) Reckless endangerment is a class A misdemeanor

Maybe you are right....maybe this sort of thing is not illegal,aside from the obvious contempt and disdain shown for the animal.

No "maybe" about it Bob. If you want to be sure, look up the Utah regs like I did.

And by the way, "obvious contempt and disdain" is not illegal either. Do you think it should be?

A wise man is frequently humbled.