I never experienced hunting in cold temperatures until I immigrated to the US so found the temperature instability comments fascinating.

In Oz, Winter is generally n the 40-50's until the sum warms the day with only an isolated day here and there requiring outer garments. You could hunt most of the year in a dinner suit and be over dressed literally, so the powder variances were not apparent unless you hunted in summer months, which we seldom did, because of the snakes.

I did experience some higher pressure when using 760 in hotter weather but put it down to working too close to max rather than pressure fluctuations so generally backed off a little on subsequent loadings. (Never missed an animal that would indicate a POA shift in the field)

The US and Europe has greater temperature swings so it is a great experience to have to relearn and adjust thinking when handloading.

I have much more than a lifetimes supply of bullets and way too many powders but see great scope to select a minimal amount of powders and a few hand picked bullets for a given cartridge. With the 7x57, my newest rifle likes H4350 and generates great velocities in the bullet weights I have tried it.

In previous 7x57's I have owned or tested, H4350 was seldom in the top velocity range with medium burners like Rel 15 through 760 powders generating the highest velocities for most bullet weights.

The chamber dimensions and their variance cannot be overstated.

This cartridge delivers way above its diminutive size would indicate because of the ease of use for the average rifleman and the terrific range of hunting bullets available that are capable of tailoring to 98% of the worlds game, especially if the user is a hunter.

My current intent, is to load it with bullets in the 150-175gn range, as it prefers. If I want flatter trajectory, the .289A1 and 7mm Remington are sitting beside it in the safe and would be selected based on the possible ranges that may be encountered.

The .280A1 of the three, is on shaky ground as velocities are equaled by the .30/06 I actually prefer and the 7mm Remington is not in any way, inferior to it.

The 7x57, always pleases and so far, has never been inadequate nor inappropriate to any hunting where I have carried it.
John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.