I'm having an older push feed Mod 70 FWT rebarreled with a Shilen #2 9" twist in 7x57. I have tried four different factory chambered rifles ( 7mm Mauser) 3 were FWTS and 1 was a Mod 700 Classic...all pitiful shooters. I finally rustled up a good looking FWT and will have it tricked out. I like longer barrels so will leave this one at 24". I "should" be able to get small groups out of this thing then! ha I like the heavier for caliber bullets, 150-160. I will try the 120 TTSX (as I have some) and see how it likes them. But, just wanted to remark on the Mod 70 FWTs handling. For me, its a great stalking rifle. Slim, trim not really heavy and points like a shotgun! I like the "more open wrist" of the FWT because of my big hands. My B-14 Hunter ( Mod 700 Clone) in 300WM is another great rifle. I believe its synthetic stock helps with recoil. To me its like shooting a 30-06. It also has a more open writs than a Mod 700. A rifle that fits you, that you love to handle on a walk in the woods...is pure joy! smile