I just found the formula for finding a reduced load using 5744. Basically it's fill the the case with powder until you reach the bottom of a seated bullet. Weigh that charge and multiply by .4. That's the charge. I did that with a fired Hornady .275 case and pushed in a 100 grain Sierra hollow point, loaded to Sierra's recommended COL: 2.875 inches. That gave me 52.6 grains of powder, for a 5744 charge of 21.04 grains. Since the information I have from Accurate shows min and max loads for a 120 grain bullet at 22.4 and 27.5 grains (2000-2275 fps), I think I'll settle on 23.5 grains to start and see how it shoots. The average spread between min and max for all loads provided by Accurate is about 4.5 grains, so they'll be a little wiggle room for accuracy. If nothing else, these should be fun to shoot when getting a little trigger time on the range.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown