Originally Posted by RevMike
Originally Posted by Exchipy
I have some IMR 4350 on hand, I'm drawn to RevMike's suggested 46 grains of it under a 160 grain Sierra GK.

That's actually Mule Deer's load. I've been messing around with medium velocity (2200-2400) 175-grain Deep Curls lately since I have about 600 to load and shoot.

I just did a load work up with the 160 gr. Speer Grand Slams. At 46.5 gr. of H4350 no signs of pressure in my FN custom Mauser which is weird. This rifle usually shows high pressure even with milder loads and this load is a half grain over the max in the latest Speer manual. That last load did a .375" group measured outside to outside. shocked I knew the gun was accurate but this has to be a fluke. I didn't have time to set up the chronograph for the shoot so velocity is at best a guess. I loaded up some more with that load and the Good Lord a willin' and the weather cooperates, I'll get to the range and see if the accuracy is still good and check velocity with the Chrony.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE