Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Bugger
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
I have never chronographed a powder that out performed 760/H414 in this cartridge. Interesting that it is not mentioned yet. Hang on, I just did.

JW

I find those powders to be temperature sensitive.

And the negatives were? I have run H414 in my Mauser 7x57 for decades and never had any noticeable issues. What issues would this powder exhibit?

I think a lot would depend on where one lives. I do most of of my load work up in Tucson's very hot summers. Any load that proves safe at 110* will work safely at 4 above zero. One of my loads runs the 165 gr. Accubond over W760 at 2880 in my 30-06. At the NRA's Whittington Center I experience no change in point of impact at 4 above zero. The next morning at 14 above I took a shot at a nice fat cow elk and that was the end of that hunt. Most of my hunts however have been in Nevada and Norther AZ and temps were not quite that low. It's never been a problem for me using W760/H414. AS I will find some way to check my sights the day before the hunt, should I find a change in POI, I'll just readjust my sights accordingly.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE