Originally Posted by Exchipy
Originally Posted by RevMike

I've been messing around with medium velocity (2200-2400) 175-grain Deep Curls lately since I have about 600 to load and shoot.

How's that been working out for you?

Steve

Not bad, actually. Even with the spread in velocity they all shoot more or less to the same POA at 100 yards, and the quick twist in the M98 (Zastava) has no problem stabilizing them. I have even loaded some practice loads using the same bullet and 36 grains of H4350 (.5 grains under Speer's published minimum) that I haven't chronographed but figure to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 2100 fps. They too shoot to about the same point of aim, just a tad lower. I have thought about seeing how they will perform on a pig at that velocity, but I haven't seen any when I've had that particular load and rifle with me. On the other end of the spectrum, Speer lists 48 grains of Hunter for 2550 fps. and I'm pretty sure that would perform flawlessly on anything I'm going to shoot. But for the most part, about the only thing I'm using those bullets for at this point is range and field practice.

I also have 600 160-grain Deep Curls to start working with as well. Those will primarily be used in my M70 as hunting loads.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown