I've been playing with Ramshot Hunter with the 120's working up to max per the latest Nosler manual. Results have been impressive accuracy wise with most groups being MOA or less at 100 yrds. I've settled on .5 grains below book max getting a five shot mean of 2980 fps with a 22" factory barrel and CCI 200 primer.. No need for me to push it any for hunting TX deer and hogs.

Interestingly the SD on five shot strings have consistently been 3 or below which for me is off the charts. Generally I smile when I get it to 10 and below.. Yes I know low SD has yet to kill and animal and higher SD doesn't necessarily mean you will get worse groups but it does give you a good consistency metric.

Since I haven't made any changes to my brass prep or loading routine I'll need to give credit to the cartridge/powder combo and will try Hunter in other appropriate cartridges. The fact that Big Game and Hunter meter like water also make life good.

Question - I often read that mag primers are a good choice with Big Game. Does anyone know if the same holds true with Hunter?

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.