Originally Posted by RevMike
Originally Posted by triplecanopy
Mine's a Zastava (got rid of the ugly stock) that shoots those 139gn SST's very well. I just sold a 308 I didn't need, and that left a pound of Varget being unemployed. I may give it a run in my 22/250.

My Zastava shoots very accurately with 175-grain Speer Grand Slams and the old Hornady Round Nose Interlocks. What stock did you drop yours in?
Hi Mike,
We have a bloke here in Australia who makes some excellent aftermarket stocks, and has some in English walnut. The wood is grown here and seasoned naturally, and the stocks are sold unfinished. His name is Cameron Hatcher, and you could probably find him by typing Hatchers Rifle stocks into your search engine.
The heaviest bullet I've used have been a 60gn bullet by an Australian company called Woodleigh Bullets. My best accuracy has been using the 139gn SST, a load I worked up mainly for Fallow Deer, but it's been effective on pigs and wild goats as well. I did find though that the SST has a tendency to shed the jacket, while the core continues on to exit.