I just got through reading all 24 pages on this thread. Man do some people get their lace panties in a wad. whistle
I shoot stuff from the .22 Hornet to the .416 Rigby and yeah, that one kicks. I started hunting at age 11 with an old M94 30-30. Didn't get my first serious big game rifle until 1954 at age 16, a 1917 Enfield in 30-06. Made it into a pretty decent looking shorter. Killed a few deer with it with 150 gr. Sierra Pro-hunter although they didn't call them that back then. Been shooting all kinds of stuff but always had an 06 on hand. I did go to a .308 back in 1973 because that 10 pound 1903 Springfiel porter like to killed me up and 8 to 9 thousand feet MSL. Was a serious chain smoker back then. blush Stuck with the .308, a 270 at times but always had that 06 as a back up. FWIW, I'm currently playing with a 7x57 and a .280 Rem,, not to mention a .35 Whelen. Took the Whelen on my elk hunt this last January and an 06 went along. For spits and grins I took the 06 on the first day and had an elk down in less that three hours. Custom rifle shooting 165 gr. Accubonds. The Whelen got a vacation. I am a rifle loony, played with a lot of cartridges but only hunted a few.
I realize that does not answer the OP's question. The answer being as honest and truthful as I can is................................................................NO!
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE