Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by BobinNH
prm: You will almost NEVER see a Hornady bullet at a registered shoot in my part of the country.

What type of match?

If it's anything 600 yards and closer where a 308 is applicable I'd think the current AMP jacket 168 Hornady BTHP ought to be a contender. I've shot a big load of them along with similar weight Sierras and Noslers and they've all been quite good.

Math man: I don't know...registered NRA matches, High power,over the course. Whatever they call them. Perry, Wimbledon, Quantico. I don't participate as I have never had the time for it.

These shooters are some of the best in the northeast and nationwide, and some have competed against guys like Tubbs and Litz. Some are (what do they call them?) Wimbledon Grand Masters? Including at least one woman last year.

Some are my friends for years. They shoot Sierra's. You ask them "Why no Hornady for score?" they all say the same thing...

Quote: "There's at least one problem in every box". When you shoot for score in competition,I guess you can't tolerate that.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.