Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by SU35
Fist size exit from that shot would be enough to not ever shoot that bullet for me again.

Not a fan of huge exits at all.

When horn or bear hunting it is the exact performance I want.

And twice now we've shot mature bucks double lung shots, pretty much center of both lungs, not fringes and have found the bucks alive around 3 hours later as we wait sometimes 2-3 hours before trailing. If they bed up, they can clot up. Both times as teh bucks stood up and walked off, they broke the clot and died.

My experience with X bullets.

Also, You shoot the top of the heart that animal is going down now.

I know you don't care for me. But I"ve never had that experience with an X of any flavor.

And I've also seen heart shot, top of heart taken out with rifle projectiles, and they run. Almost ever last one of them. Not far generally but they run.

I often wonder if its the differences in animals. Maybe WT vs MD?

Just my thought on the matter but I think it all depends on whether the heart has just pumped a load of fresh blood to the brain to is just getting ready to when struck by a bullet. If the brain has just received a fresh load of oxygenated blood and it send the signal to the body to run, run it will and how far is anyone's guess. However if the heart has just filled up with blood but has not yet pumped it and the bullets hits, the brain lacks the oxygen or whatever it needs to trigger off much of any kind of response, maybe a DRT to a very short wobbly walk and drop. I'm sure there are other factors involve including will to live but I do think that what I stated is a big part of the equation.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE