My one experience shooting game with Sierras was interesting. I normally used Speer hot cores in my .260, but in the fall of 2000 I bought a box of Sierra 120 grain flat base hunting bullets, think they were pro hunters. We had a lot of snow that fall, and getting around was tough. I shot a mule deer doe at about 80 yards across a coulee. I saw the dust fly from behind the doe's shoulder, and she took off running down a cow trail. Crossed the coulee, found blood, but not a lot. Easy to see with the snow though. Followed her about 1/3 of a mile, thank goodness she stayed on the trail and didn't head down into the steep draw the cow trail paralleled. When my friend and I dressed her, there was a 26 caliber hole in, between two ribs, and a 26 caliber hole out, again between two ribs. I don't think the bullet expanded at all. Not a lot of lung damage either, though some. I was loading those to a little over 2800 fps, and as close as I was, impact velocity should still have been good. I know this was a sample of one, and missing a rib both entrance and exit is probably not common, but I switched back to Speers after that and shot up the rest of the Sierras at targets.