This just goes to show that any bullet can produce strange results on occasion and shouldn't be judged by a single incident. But judge we will and sometimes the fewer facts the better.

I shot a small eight pointer on the shoulder (front shoulder) with a .375 260 grain Ballistic tip and the bullet didn't even make it into the chest cavity. Bone fragments did the deed.

At almost the exact same location I did a right left shot on a doe and a buck with a 25gr 17 Remington factory load the older ones that were bonded and both dropped on the spot.

So the .375 is not adequate for deer but the 17 Rem. is skookum?

Sierras are good just choose the right one.

Same with the early ballistic tips. I was in a tree stand and shooting downwards on a doe and tried to slip one in between the last ribs. Hit the spine instead and totally destroyed the back strap. You just don't know how badly this affects a Texan when you deprive them of their chicken fried back strap, made me swear off BT for a long time.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli