Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by SU35
Fist size exit from that shot would be enough to not ever shoot that bullet for me again.

Not a fan of huge exits at all.

When horn or bear hunting it is the exact performance I want.

And twice now we've shot mature bucks double lung shots, pretty much center of both lungs, not fringes and have found the bucks alive around 3 hours later as we wait sometimes 2-3 hours before trailing. If they bed up, they can clot up. Both times as teh bucks stood up and walked off, they broke the clot and died.

My experience with X bullets.

Also, You shoot the top of the heart that animal is going down now.

I know you don't care for me. But I"ve never had that experience with an X of any flavor.

And I've also seen heart shot, top of heart taken out with rifle projectiles, and they run. Almost ever last one of them. Not far generally but they run.

I often wonder if its the differences in animals. Maybe WT vs MD?

My experience is similar, and I've seen MD and WT both show similar reactions to like shot placement and bullet performance.

Then again, I also saw a smallish WT buck take a 195gr Berger Hybrid broadside this last fall, absolutely smashing the vitals, the bullet retaining something like 30% of its original weight, recovered under the offside hide, and the deer still ran about 85-100 yards, or so. That's not supposed to happen. Weird things happen with critters, regardless of what bullet we shoot at them.