Originally Posted by BobinNH

But looking ahead I may need some winter bass fishing so may come down to Austin over the winter.....I love those Texas Lunkers and want to fish Lake Austin smile

The grass carp and drought have put the hurt on Lake Austin Bass, maybe it will re-bound with the spring rains we had.

Back to Sierra: They make a great bullet that I don't hunt with much. But they sure are nice to check the accuracy of a rifle and work up loads with. Usually one or another will be a close enough match to a Barnes or Nosler. And if I accidentally shoot one at game I usually end up with a butchering job.

They sell so many good target bullets why would they want to compete in an over crowded field? Although if you could combine a match king and partition you would really have something.

Many Long Range shooters say that the accuracy is not as good on a bonded bullet at extended range even if the shape is similar like the Accubond & BT of the same weight.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli