Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by bobnob17
About the only time the thought of "bullet failure" has risen to my mind has been when animals were not recovered. Then again there's no way of knowing in those cases whether it was just poor shot placement or......... a MISS. In fact sometimes I've known too damned well it was a miss.

Anyone else on here who misses?

If you are responding to me, all four "bullet failure" deer were recovered. The bullets came apart on impact, such that there was no more than 1" of penetration, something that I never worry about with the Partitions that I have used since then.

No 260 not responding to you mate, or anyone. Just my two-bobs worth.

Probably more an expression of dismay that in many internet forums (not this thread per se) I read time and time again things like 'I personally have shot "X number" of "Y game animals" with the "Zmm cartridge" at ranges from Alpha to Beta, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM died with a single shot.'

I'm not proud to admit it but I'll state there's been times I've needed all four or five rounds in the magazine to destroy an animal that was hit in the wrong spot trying an ambitious shot. I've lived that and for the most part learned from it.

It still happens sometimes, but I'm pleased to say not often when I've been the one taking the initial shot, but chipping in to prevent an animal getting away wounded when someone I'm hunting with is learning the same valuable lessons.

And without trying to be deliberately provocative, I'll say that anyone who hasn't had a similarly unpleasant experience while hunting, hasn't shot many animals.