The things that shape our beliefs are interesting. The only deer I ever lost I lost to Nosler Ballistic Tip 165 fired from a 30-06. That deer literally sprayed blood all over surrounding vegetation as it ran off. We tracked it some 1/4 mile back into the woods and found where it had laid down. There was a pool of drying blood there. I shot another deer with a 115 BT 257 Roberts. That deer just walked around like it was confused for a moment then trotted and fell over perhaps 50 yards away. There was almost no blood at all. The bullet lodged under the far side hide. The lungs showed moderate damage. I am not a BT fan based on those two experiences. Plenty others have had near 100% DRT success with BTs.

I am a Partition man. I typically hunt thick stuff in fading light. I do my best to involve at least one of the shoulders. Based on my experience, that anchors them better than any other method. The Partition gives me the confidence to plow through a shoulder and take out vitals on the other side or to plow through vitals and take out a shoulder on the other side. Confidence counts. Should I ever have a trophy in my sights it'll be a Partition I launch at it.

I am like a lot of folks here. I have always considered Sierra to be an accuracy bullet first and a hunting bullet second. I have plenty of reason to trust Sierra accuracy. They have always served me well. I have never used a Sierra on larger game, and I never will. That decision based on zero experience. So many of us simply dance with the one we brung.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 06/28/16.