Originally Posted by bobnob17
Originally Posted by hanco
We trap hundreds of wild pigs. That gives the opportunity to shoot them from ten feet to 300 yards. We use 270's, 264 Win, 7 mags, 300 Win mags, 30 06's. We load 140 to 150 grain bullets. We have always used ballistic tips and partitions by Nosler. Ballistic tips will blow right through the shoulders of 200 lb pigs. Partitions will go through two or three. When bullets became hard to find we ended with a few boxes of Sierra GameKings. We tried them on pigs. They worked just as well. So since they are cheaper we have switched to Sierra. More bang for your buck. If a bullet will punch through a pig, it will go through a deer easy. I always used partitions or bear claws on Elk. We tried Bergers. If you shoot in the heart lung area he won't go far. If you hit in the shoot an animal in the shoulder it will not go through. I shot several that got back up and went right back to eating corn. I shoot big bucks in the shoulders. I don't like looking for them in the cactus and rattle snakes. I know I'm going to get flack for that, but I make hamburger out of all of it anyway.

You cannot argue with real on-game experience. And pigs are a hardy test for bullets.

Pigs are pretty tough. We've shot probably over 100 by now with a 7mm08 and 120 ballistic tip. As stated, 90% of the time it's a complete pass through. It is a great hunting bullet for sure.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.