Originally Posted by Brad

The point was the above stated "526 yard shot" which the poster that made the comment feels is a limiter for a Partition in wind. I just frankly disagree with that. At that range, comparing an equal weight/speed ballistic tip to a partition, the difference in drift between the two will be around 4 inches. If you can't compensate for that you shouldn't be shooting at that distance, because regardless both are going to be way off target in, say, a 10 mph cross wind.

I've shot plenty at range in wind, and inside of 550 yards (which is pretty much absolute max I'd shoot at an animal) the ability to adjust a few extra inches isn't a deal killer.

Personally, I wouldn't shoot an animal in a 10 mph cross wind at 526 yards anyway. Farthest I've shot a critter was a bedded antelope at 548 yards, ironically, with a 180 Partition. There was no way to get closer, and the wind was blowing directly at me. I had plenty of time, knew the rifle, and could get a solid "nest." One shot kill. But it's generally possible to get closer. Much closer, which to me is what hunting is all about. But that's a separate discussion...

Lame.

Last edited by Higbean; 02/19/17.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.