Originally Posted by Stickbow
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
For those who want to control as many of the variables as possible AFTER the bullet hits the critter.... there's the Partition. Variables here include: quick moving shots, angles, big bones, JeffO ass-shots, etc....

For those who want to control as many of the variables as possible UNTIL the bullet hits the critter.... there's a veritable cornucopia of high BC bullets. These variables include wind, extended range, accuracy, etc...

The shots you like to take... and the places you're likely to hunt... should influence you choice in projectiles much more than what a bunch of "get off my lawn" guys say on the internet.

Interesting that most of your "tinfoil bullets" are also heavy for caliber bullets shot at moderate speeds (2700-3000 fps). Seems to me that heavy for caliber, cup & core bullets, at moderate speeds have been killing the schitt outta stuff for 100+ years.... but all of a sudden they're inadequate because they're also "high BC long-range bullets".

I bet if you handed JOC a 7 Mag loaded with 162s he'd be aweful f'n impressed with its ability to a) hit schitt.... and b) kill schitt....

Jeff O ass shots can be deadly if rightly executed. 😀 If you ever have the unfortunate experience of getting in a gun fight with a chit-bird don't rule out putting rounds in the pelvic girdle. It'll change their channel real quick like. Just a little tip from experience.

I'd love to hear about your experience with pelvic shots....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......