Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
Some people that live in wide open spaces where there is a lot of wind get hung up on having the highest possible b.c. to the point where it becomes ridiculous....

People who shoot long distances in wind wanting high BCs is no more ridiculous than people who think they need a "premium" bullet to kill a deer.

Tell me of one person that thinks premium bullets are "needed" to kill deer.

I use premiums on deer -- and antelope -- but not because I think they are "needed"......

Tell me of one person that gets hung up on having the highest bc possible to the point it's ridiculous.

And yes, plenty of people who hunt nothing bigger than deer use "premium" bullets. As a matter of fact, I've had a guy tell me that a .277" 130-grain partition was not a good deer bullet and I needed to switch to the TTSX.

An lastly, I don't really care why you, personally, use/don't use whatever bullet you choose.

One would think that guy hasn't used Partitions. I like TTSX and Partitions, shoot both. For genl. WT hunting, I don't think you can beat a Partition and the TTSX won't make you a better hunter by switching.

Matching bullet design to velocity and the game hunted is IMO an art. No one bullet is perfect for everything, the NPT comes pretty close.

DF