Originally Posted by starsky
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
Probably because it annoys millennials wink Or maybe the vast majority of hunters don't shoot at extreme ranges.

Maybe it's a millennial thing, maybe it's a simple math thing, maybe it's a baby boomer being slow on the uptake thing. wink

That is actually pretty funny.

I think this thread boils down to is those that have used Partitions for a long time and tend to keep their shots inside 500 yards vs those that tend to shoot longer ranges and can harness the benefit afforded by a higher BC. I'm still not a fan of shooting game beyond 500 yards because of the aforementioned wind variable. I've seen wind do weird things and know many times it is not constant. I hope those that advocate long range shooting have the ethics to pass on those situations.

I'm also for utilizing all the margin one can gain - it makes sense. I do think when big bitey issues arise, I'm mostly done looking at BC. I want a bullet that will work when Big Bitey shows up. This is where Partitions shine. They work close and far. They may not be the best for longer ranges but they don't suck either.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.