Exactly--but I have read many times on the Campfire the advice to "use whichever bullet shoots best," regardless of the animal and typical shooting situation. This sometimes makes sense and sometimes doesn't, especially at ranges where a little bit more accuracy won't make any difference at all, and bullets construction might.

I have killed hundreds of big game animals with cup-and-core bullets, including Bergers, Hornadys, Nosler Solid Bases and Ballistic Tips, Remington Core-Lokts, Sierra GameKings, Speer Hot-Cors and Winchester Power Points. Have also killed hundreds with Nosler Partitions and various other premium bullets. Have also watched about the same number of animals killed by hunting companions, using a similar array of bullets. All hunting bullets work if we know how they work and use that knowledge in selecting them--but I have yet to see a "failure" with Partitions at ranges out to 550 yards, and have with several of the others.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck